View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Neither one of them is even close to NHL ready. You do not want to see either one in a Flyers sweater this season.
I don't think either of them would play better than Boucher, but what I'm saying is I'm willing to overlook that. I think it'd be better in the long run and not much damage would be done in the short one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Hovinen is "buried" in the ECHL for a reason. He has a .889 sv% and a 3.14 GAA down there and by all accounts has not looked good but you would rather have him over boosh in an emergency situation. While Heeter has performed better in the AHL (.911 sv% and a 2.81 GAA) he's still in only his 1st yr of pro hockey. with his numbers, only a yr removed from college he'd be a disaster in the NHL.

both of these guys' max potential is an NHL back-up imo so it's not like having Boosh here for this shortened season is damaging their future.
I agree on the max potential, even though at least with Hovinen I had hopes his maximum would be a middling starter. But yeah, I realize he isn't putting up good numbers and sobrien, who's watched the games, said he didn't look that good. At least not at the beginning, but he seems to have gotten his groove in these last games. But his play in the ECHL doesn't necessarily translate to what he'd show in the AHL/NHL. I mean, he was pretty much demoted from a level arguably on par with the AHL or even better (EHT) to a level well below it. Surely that also plays a role in how he's performing. I mean, fine, I'll admit that I'm biased and want him to succeed more than our other goalies, but I just don't think you send a goalie coming over from Finland after posting elite numbers there to the ECHL.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote