View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbipyo View Post
Agreed. DB might not have given many top 6 shifts...

But why are we giving this guy a shot with basically the top line in the NHL? His work in the AHL is average and we all gripe about his work ethic. I know PWFs take some time, but Bennett is already ahead of him. Bennett or a trade for me...
has he had the chance to play a support role with two very skilled players in the AHL? Or has he been put in a position to try to be "the guy?" I seriously haven't watched but based on the team around him, I think I know the answer.

The position that is open in the NHL is completely different than anything that can be shown in the AHL. That role simply doesn't exist on the WBS team. Tangradi may never be a top 6 NHLer. We don't know. I can even understand having doubts. But there is still a chance at least. TK and Cooke will NOT be top 6 NHLers. We have seen enough evidence to know that at this point. If Tangradi fails at that spot, TK can step in after 25 games and fill the role exactly how he would fill it if he was in that spot this coming Saturday. That's why I would try Tangradi there. At least there's a chance of it working out with him developing into a solid player there.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote