Old
01-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Perhaps if McNabb wasn't such a dumpster fire in Rochester during the lockout, or if Mike Weber hadn't forgotten how to play hockey around spring 2012, this may be a real conversation.

The only way I see them trading a defenseman is at the deadline.
We have 2 defensemen who either have to be moved or exposed to waivers. I doubt they carry 8 defensemen when they likewise have 3 extra forwards to deal with (2 if Grigorenko gets cut after camp), considering 2 forwards are not yet ready to practice and teams traditionally carry 2 forwards + 1 defenseman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster View Post
Thats another question I've been meaning to ask. Do they change the trade deadline with a shortened season or does it stay whereit was supposed to be.

I could see us moving a defenseman before the season starts or early on, but porbably more in the Pardy, Brennan, Sulzer, Weber mode than Leopold. If we're selling him I'd do it at the deadline.
It's something like April 3rd I believe, so yes the deadline is moved back this year. I think Pardy is the obvious first candidate to either be traded for a really low pick if possible or exposed to waivers.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote