View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
Pardy worth nothing. Sulzer's value is higher to Sabres than most teams cause of play with Eherhoff. Weber doesn't command much either.Leopold will be the guy, if anyone gets moved. Unless we get a bigger deal and then Sekera's cap friendly contract comes in. I don't see where we get Leopold PP time he needs to be valuable, especially if Brennan is the 7th d man.
I'm ready for a deal for a centreman.
I don't really agree with this. They need to take at least one -- probably two -- defensemen off the roster. Rather than trade a good player like Leopold, it's entirely likely they designate a guy they 'have' to get rid of and try getting anything they can in trade before assigning him to Rochester. There's no certainty here with how this will shake out.

If Brennan is 7th d man it won't affect Leopold's possible PP time as the 7th d-man won't be play most nights.

I think the likely outcome is they trade/cut/assign lower-end guys to get the roster down where it needs to be. From there, they'll evaluate as the season goes on and can then move guys at the deadline to either bring in a center (for Leopold or Sekera) or acquire a pick (for Leopold) based on where they're at and the evaluation of all the organizational defensemen up to that point.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote