View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 04:05 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
I agree on the max potential, even though at least with Hovinen I had hopes his maximum would be a middling starter. But yeah, I realize he isn't putting up good numbers and sobrien, who's watched the games, said he didn't look that good. At least not at the beginning, but he seems to have gotten his groove in these last games. But his play in the ECHL doesn't necessarily translate to what he'd show in the AHL/NHL. I mean, he was pretty much demoted from a level arguably on par with the AHL or even better (EHT) to a level well below it. Surely that also plays a role in how he's performing. I mean, fine, I'll admit that I'm biased and want him to succeed more than our other goalies, but I just don't think you send a goalie coming over from Finland after posting elite numbers there to the ECHL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Hovinen has been terrible this year. He was badly outplayed in training camp by Heeter and he's getting his backside handed to him in the ECHL. People need to remember that Hovinen only had two good seasons in the Finnish Elite League. Previous to that, he was terrible everywhere else he played.

To read some of the stories about Hovinen's play in the ECHL is what makes the signing even worse. When your coach calls you out because you've failed to compete in a couple of games, that should speak in volumes.
He's played significantly better since getting called out by coach. At this point wins and losses should be thrown out the window for Trenton games, because the team's been dismantled. At this point, he's been outplaying Wedgewood.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote