View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 05:14 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
It's more that our forward corps is below average and unless Galchenyuk is the second coming, without Plekanec's defensive load the first line is going to be much less effective making our offense from below average to terrible. And it will probably hurt our PK too which is one of the few things we were good at last year.
Honestly though... who cares? Like I said, if this guy is THE guy for us then we're in no position to win anything. He's now 30 years old and he's not going to win a cup with us. Other teams know that he can fill as 2nd line role very well so deal him while he has value.

Even with him we're not going to win so trade him.
Quote:
Not that this is a bad thing if the plan is to get Jones/Mackinnon/Drouin/Lindholm and possibly be in the running for McDavid next year, but if we are going to do that we might as well go all out and ship Cole.
Sure, why not? I'd prefer to deal Gionta but if Cole lands a better return then trade him. He's coming off a great year and is 34 years old. Sell high.
Quote:
Of course those of you who think Galchenyuk is so good that he's going to come into a league as an above average NHLer, then yeah, losing Plekanec will not be a big deal, but this is a major assumption and the WJC didn't give me any reason to believe that. Galchenyuk isn't Crosby.
Nobody said he was. But he's a great prospect and we should be trying to get MORE of this kind of player. Hanging onto Cole or Pleks or Markov won't really do anything for us anyway. Hang onto a couple of vets, trade the rest, draft high again and collect some younger prospects.

Then we have Max, PK, Galchenyuk, Tinordi, Price + whatever else we get to build with. Hanging onto those vets isn't doing us any real good unless we're shooting for 8th.

I know its a 48 game season and I know that you need to buy a lottery ticket to win but in the long run we're better off being proactive and building towards something instead of trying to sneak our way into the postseason and trying to get lucky.