Thread: Line Combos
View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Very true but the vets we have - have their place.

Example: Everyone wants to ditch Adams...well guess what...Adams is a great PK'er for us. Replace him with...who on the pk? Jeffrey? Tangradi?

If this was Oct 12, I would be with you 100%. Giving Tangradi a 5-10 game run with Malkin and Neal would be doable. Same thing with Bennett with Sid. Or something else equivalent to that.

But its Jan 13...we have a very short amount of time to get everyone firing on all cylinders. We are at a huge disadvantage compared to a team like Philly or LAK who already have their Top 6 set and who have had them play together for a decent amount of time.

We can't afford too long of a "tryout to give the young guys a chance". Thats a luxury we don't have this season.

That is why this camp is so vital. If they work out, awesome. Plug em in. But we can only give them a handful of games to prove their worthiness. Much less than if it was an 82 game season.

It will be 100% up to them to "seize the moment" when given the chance...and it looks like they will get them. But if it doesn't start to click...we need to quickly explore alternatives or make a trade...which I hope is already in progress TBH. 1 hole would be manageable...2 is worrisome.
I seriously doubt you have to worry about DB sticking with his young guns too long if they struggle.

Less than zero chance of that.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote