Old
01-13-2013, 06:38 PM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
So, what do you guys plan on doing?

I'll likely do many different files, as I'll probably play the **** out of FHM, but I'm thinking of tackling 3 different games right off the bat.

1. 2012-2013 Montreal Canadiens
2. 1985-1986 Montreal Canadiens
3. 1991-1992 Pittsburgh Penguins

I still don't think historical mode is getting the hype it truly deserves. I'll say it again...think of the possibilities.

For historical mode, I think I'll set up the Penguins file first. I know, I know probably a cheap choice as they were stacked, but what can I say..this file appeals to me. I think it has to do with the fact that my father is such a huge Penguins fan, and I remember watching documentaries as a child on the club during their cup years. Oh, and I loved their jerseys. Plus..who wouldn't want that lineup?

I plan on building my club around Mario Lemieux, Kevin Stevens, Jaromir Jagr and Mark Recchi on offense, while Murphy, Coffey and Samuelsson will be the focal points on D. Of course, Recchi was traded in a deal to acquire Tocchet that season, but I plan on changing history and keeping Recchi instead.

I'll likely dangle one of Ron Francis or Joe Mullen for help on D, as my offense will be pretty stacked. Brian Leetch and Chris Chelios will likely be my top 2 targets, but I imagine the price will be steep.

I'll likely stick with a Barrasso/Pietrangelo tandem in goal, with Young waiting on my reserve list. I'll be in the market for a better backup goalie though, should any teams inquire about Pietrangelo..which is unlikely.
90's flyers with Lindros and broad st. bullies era.

ted1971 is offline   Reply With Quote