View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post

And honestly...It'll probably get pretty ugly over the next 2 years.
Not sure I agree with this right here. The only thing the habs need to really improve is their winger depth (I'm saying this with respect to having a stable team again in the short term, there is still a lot of work to be done), whether it is through the draft, via trade or UFA. I like and am comfortable with the depth on defense in the prospect pool (Tinordi, Ellis, Beaulieu Pateryn...though Patty is more of a long shot than the former 3). Our current D has okay d-men but they don't mesh well as a unit because they're all the same.

I'm also comfortable with the centre depth with Desharnais, Plekanec, Eller and especially if Galchenyuk develops the way we expect.

This year our team is crap on paper and will probably be crap. There's a lot of work to do, but I don't think the next two years will be hell. Like I said, the winger depth is abysmal. We have Pacioretty, that's it. The rest are older declining vets: Gionta, Cole, Bourque. Maybe a Kristo surprises us next year? Even so, a lot of work is needed on the wings.

Last edited by Andy: 01-13-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote