View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 06:51 PM
SweetStormRising

vCash: 500
My son is 7 and in 2nd grade, he goes to games on school nights. he has since birth (well, he was born during the last lockout, but you get the idea).

When he was really small, we adjusted naps and bedtime to allow for more sleep the night before and/or day of. We would occasionally skip the 3rd period. he has been fine since he was in kindergarten to attend (no behavior issues or problems in class) without nap adjustments.

We park where we can exit quickly and normally are home about 9:50 and he is in bed by 10. His normal bedtime is 9:15. He sleeps until 7:30 (but normally is up about 7:00 when he is bed at 9:15) and school does not start until 9:15 so this is more than adequate in our house. If he seems tired, we will leave early but this has not been required very often.

I can see if you have an early riser how the late game schedule could be a problem. I guess we are lucky in that we can attend and still get the recommend by our pediatrician number hours of sleep.

We'll see what happens when the new baby gets here since every one is different.

SweetStormRising is offline   Reply With Quote