View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Agreed. The playoffs would be huge.
Not to mention that the owners want their products to be asociated with a successful team.
And I'm not just blowing smoke...residents of Vancouver/Lower Mainland....look at how many Bell stores (Cope) have been shut down, or sold to private dealers in the Lower Mainland. They've been halved (Kensington and Marine Way in Burnaby, Queensborough in New Westminster, one of the Pitt Meadows locations, one Maple Ridge location, at least 3 in Langley, one in Chilliwack, and more then half in Abbotsford and Surrey, Richmond center...the list goes on). It's hard to find good help when you need it. And anyone shopping for a cell phone at Christmas, one element was missing from most stores...customers. Doesn't matter which provider I went to, Rogers/Fido, Telus/Koodo, Bell/Virgin/Solo (Solo isn't even a thing anymore...) they were all empty.

Ranting and raving aside, my point is these telecommunications companies are looking for all the cash the can get with this last, big purchase, and I don't think intentionally tanking fulfills that. Tannenbaum might think that's a good idea, but he's only 25% of the ownership group.