View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
What bothered me most about it, is knowing you're on the verge of dismantling the previous team while expecting to make the playoffs. Add to the fact that Kessel isn't in any way a "Burke type" player at one of the least important positions on a hockey club.
If they weren't on the verge of removing every single player that played for the previous administration and replacing them with younger, some times cheaper, players internally, and expensive, mercenary style free agents (Beauchemin, Komisarek, Connolly, Liles and Grabovski to an extent, trading for Lombardi, goalie after goalie).

Anyway, I digress, it happened, regardless of the reason for it.

If Toronto wants Luongo...the price is still that of a star player. If you don't like the contract, then don't bid, and hope Nonis and Bell/Rogers/Tannenbaum do the same. Luongo is a star player, and he might not be ideal for the Leafs plans, but no one who would be is available, he is your best choice unless you want to take the Raycroft/Toskala path again with Bernier.

I have been clear on my requests, no redundant players and sufficient value without tacking on extra contracts and picks, and high end futures, or those which fill a need. Leftovers and spare parts need not apply, we have enough of our own thank you