View Single Post
01-13-2013, 08:28 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
If they weren't on the verge of removing every single player that played for the previous administration and replacing them with younger, some times cheaper, players internally, and expensive, mercenary style free agents (Beauchemin, Komisarek, Connolly, Liles and Grabovski to an extent, trading for Lombardi, goalie after goalie).

Anyway, I digress, it happened, regardless of the reason for it.

If Toronto wants Luongo...the price is still that of a star player. If you don't like the contract, then don't bid, and hope Nonis and Bell/Rogers/Tannenbaum do the same. Luongo is a star player, and he might not be ideal for the Leafs plans, but no one who would be is available, he is your best choice unless you want to take the Raycroft/Toskala path again with Bernier.

I have been clear on my requests, no redundant players and sufficient value without tacking on extra contracts and picks, and high end futures, or those which fill a need. Leftovers and spare parts need not apply, we have enough of our own thank you
I don't blame Nucks fans for some of the asking prices but from a Leafs perspective we're not in a position to make that type of deal. Few prospects & few NHL caliber players that benefit the Canucks = terrible trading partner.

Still sticking with the Panthers as the best fit on all fronts. They have the prospects, they have NHL level talent (Canucks can use), Luongo's top choice, Eastern conference team, they need the playoff revenue, Markstrom can develop properly, etc.