View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 09:57 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Canucks fans are honestly hilarious. Luongo isn't going to solve our problems. Yeah, he fills goaltending, but he's hitting his mid 30s, he doesn't have too many years left in him. Plus, if we trade Bozak and Kadri, that depletes us heavily at centre. Our most versatile centre along with our best centre prospect (and 2nd best prospect behind Rielly) are both gone in one trade.

Who's to say that we will make the playoffs for sure with Luongo? Why should we mortgage the future again, just to see moderate immediate success and not even come close to a Cup?
History. History says that. Stats, they say that too.

We're bad trading partners, but it seems to be all Toronto fans in a thread about Canucks goaltenders, so I really don't have an answer.

The pieces we can use, a top six center, playmaking top six winger or right handed top 4 defender, Toronto either doesn't have, or is in no position to move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Likewise, Nonis should be fired if he trades Kadri and Gardiner for Luongo.

I just don't see how the Canucks and Leafs can be trading partners. Canucks want too much for Luongo, Leafs can't afford to give up too much. There's just no reasonable offer.
Bingo! Bad trading partners, terrible, terrible trading partners. It's best left to the other 5 rumoured teams, I think Toronto was listed to sell papers TBH.