View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 08:57 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
This is the one thing I'm actually quite good at in hockey, but it all comes naturally to me so it's hard to say how you can teach it. Certainly it should be something you can improve though if you study and put work into it can be improved.

The best suggestion I could make to start, in addition to what others have said here, is to first make sure you understand the different positions you can take, then make sure you know how your linemates play and what they can/can't do.

For example, in front of the net I take a different position for screening the goalie, receiving a tap-in pass, and catching a rebound. You can slide behind the net to give a team mate an easy pass, into the slot for a scoring chance if the pucks behind the net, or towards the board to fight for a loose puck or cut off a defender from clearing. If all else fails it always helps if you can create space for the puck carrier by taking a defender with you.

As for your line mates, if you're playing with another winger that likes to screen as well make sure you're not trying to do the same thing at the same time, if he has the screen slide into the rebound slot or behind the net. If the puck carrier isn't much of a passer and can't find the seems there's no point lining up for the cross crease tap in pass. If he can dangle and has a good shot, then you're better off focusing on taking a defender with you than getting open for a pass. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the best way you do that is by sticking close enough to the other go so they can see and are aware of you, so when you back off a little it divides their attention.

That's the best I can think of, hope it helps.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote