View Single Post
Old
06-17-2006, 12:01 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
No love for Clutterbuck? I must confess not having followed the junior players this year as much as in years past, so I can't really comment too much on players past the first round, but Cal Clutterbuck is a player I really like. I feel like he's a poor man's Alex Bourret. Not that big but pretty strong and a relentless forechecker, good hitter with an offensive upside. Seems like a great character player with enough hockey smarts to have a higher upside than checker.

Anybody else likes that guy with our 2nd pick? Something tells me Calgary would likely choose him with their 2nd if available, fortunatelly they'll be picking after us (that is if they don't use their 1st on him, which wouldn't even surprise me considering he's exactly the type of player Sutter loves).

As for our 1st, baring any big surprise fall, I like Vishnevsky. Defense can be learned through proper coaching, patience, and dedication, but you can't teach his offensive savvy, and with the prospect depth we have, we can afford to gamble on a high risk high reward guy like him.

After that, Berglund, Wishart and Sanguinetti are other candidates I like, and if we can move up this year, Sheppard and Brassard are very tempting choices.

And although I haven't seen him play, what I heard about Okposo intrigues me. Anybody has more on this guy?

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote