View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Perhaps I'm being overly pessimistic, but I can't shake the feeling that things are off to a terrible start this year.

Cole is unhappy, allegedly considering retirement...I worry about him mailing in the season.

One of our top prospects in Leblanc is apparently being bullied and tormented to the point of having a fractured psyche in Hamilton.

One of the main pieces of our core hasn't signed yet and there are all kinds of rumours of him being disliked by the team (which I don't fully buy, but I don't like to hear about it).

Gomez being sent home...Yes most fans are happy about it, but Gomez was very well liked in the room and had a lot of friends. I'm sure most realize that it's business but I'm betting they aren't thrilled with how it went down.

Honestly, things look to be headed south. For the best I guess, I mean at this point I prefer if they tank and get a Seth Jones or a Drouin/McKinnon, but the "fan" in me hates to see the team lose.

In some ways I feel we are seeing the beginning of the end of this current "era" of the Habs. The era of Gionta-Gomez-Plekanec-Markov... The new era will soon begin centred around Price, Pacioretty, Subban and (hopefully) Galchenyuk.

Regardless of how you feel about individual players, it makes me sad to see the cracks beginning to form in the foundation of this team. It will all be for the best, I'm sure, but I hate seeing it anyways.

And honestly...It'll probably get pretty ugly over the next 2 years.
I think it's really tough to really know just where our team will end up.

Cole is only talking smack imo. Just sounds like a frustrated kid.
Eller, MaxPac, DD, PK, Price, Emelin, Diaz, are all young players that should be better than last year and keep improving over the years. The good news is that some of these guys, from what they've shown, can have really high ceilings.
MaxPac hit 33G last year. Is 35-40 goals out of the question? I don't think so.
DD has done nothing but overachieve in his career at every level. I wouldn't be surprised if he did it at the NHL level as well.
I don't think I have to explain how PK and Price have superstar potential, and aren't really that far from reaching it.
The way Emelin and Diaz played last year in their first season coming from Europe was very promising, and both were having great years on their respective teams this year. I'm excited to see how these guys progress.
Eller is more of a question mark, however, I'm not doubting his offensive skills. I just don't think we've utilized that part of his game that well. He showed great things with AK, but unfortunately, due to an inexplicable reason Cunneyworth decided to put an end to that. Hopefully he'll get more chances this year to prove his offensive worth.

Then you have Markov. If he somehow can get back to 80% of what he was, then he'll be a great asset to have as well.
Plekanec is always solid, Cole had a great year. Gionta will hopefully stay healthy this time around. If Bourque and Kaberle can have bounce back years, then they can help better this club as well.

As for Leblanc, if the rumors are true about him being destroyed confidence wise and he hates it in Hamilton under the coaching staff, then this call up should be a huge motivational boost to earn his spot with the big club.

You can say I'm taking the opposite approach to you. Now, obviously, nobody should expect everything to just go right, for everybody. Very highly unlikely. But it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote