Old
01-13-2013, 10:02 PM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
This is another reason I wouldn't be crushed if the Habs have another bad year. While I obviously want them in the playoffs, I think they have a few pieces that could have heightened returns at the deadline and have a really quick turn around. Kaberle has been playing all lockout and he won't be coming in out of shape like last year so if we could dump him for a pick or prospect and one of our older wingers (Cole, Gionta, Bourque) gets pushed out by a youngster (Leblanc, Gallagher, Kristo) then we could send one of them out (ideally Bourque). Also we could move out one of Weber or Diaz for a team looking for a cheap PP weapon and that could open up a spot next year for Tinordi, St. Denis, or maybe even Beaulieu.

It always sucks to lose but if you have to have a crappy season I prefer for it to be a half season and if there is a strong sellers market at the deadline we could have a really quick turn around.
The same Cole who is threatening retirement? You'd be hard pressed to get a bag of pucks for him.

enrothorne is online now   Reply With Quote