Thread: WJC: Division I-III
View Single Post
01-13-2013, 11:17 PM
kaiser matias
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by IIHFjerseycollector View Post
I guess you certainly underestimated Iceland then. they just beat belgium, and are beating australia 5-1 as I type this... Im also a bit surprised .

Nathan Walker isnt listed on the Australian roster, so im not sure why you thought he was playing? he is listed on the team entry list, but that was probably just incase he wanted to join the team.. He was just picked up by the youngstown phantoms of the USHL and my guess is thats why hes not playing in this tournament.

as for division 3.. im not entirely sure either. Its harder to tell with the U20, U18 groups etc.. NZ or China is my guess.
I indeed have underestimated Iceland. And I simply read Walker's name on the entry list, did not realise he was not actually coming to the tournament. But I also did write that up at 2.00AM, so wasn't fully thinking. After a second day of play it looks like it will be between Iceland and Estonia for promotion. I'm still leaning towards Estonia, as they have a couple players in the Finnish leagues, which is experience the Icelandic team seems to lack.

Also had no idea Walker signed on in the USHL. Glad to see him do it, as it should really help his profile for this years draft. Would be incredible if he gets selected.

kaiser matias is offline   Reply With Quote