View Single Post
Old
01-13-2013, 10:39 PM
Alexdaman
Ferret Lover/Master

vCash: 50
I like the energy and the attention the team has been getting since the end of the lock-out. There really seems to be a buzz around the team.

Michel Therrien is trying to push the team in the right way, he's trying to challenge them into giving the best of themselves and not just being a figure of authority. He certainly doesn't want to miss his chance of building a successful habs franchise and does not want to be remembered as the coach who had two shots and failed twice. His previous experience as a habs coach can't hurt also, he knows what he's facing.

I think that we cannot underestimate the struggles of the previous management and its effect on the team's performance. Starting with the loss of Kirk Muller who was the guy that actually did the talking to the players while Jacques Martin worked mainly on strategy. Michel Therrien does not need an assistant to do the talking. As for Randy Cunneyworth who is not responsible for being put in a situation where he was in over his head, he did not have the necessary experience to manage the team and I don't think the players gave him much attention.

The fact of the matter is that the habs are now back in their comfort zone, being the underdog. Every bit of success the team gets is going to feel unexpected and that's how the habs roll, the little guys who don't hit much but have great special units and a lot of boost when playing at home.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote