View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 12:04 AM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityassault View Post
Watched practice today. Bortuzzo is HUGE. Went from 207 to 220 this summer, he said.

Tangradi has to be the fastest 6'4 232 lb skater in the league. Really improved his speed from last season

Everyone says they never notice Strait, but I did. Very mobile, gets around the ice with a unique hopping style.. was underrated physically too, he was banging Kunitz etc pretty well

Some people may not notice Strait, but I am not one of them. I was actually very impressed by him last season/playoffs in the NHL, and moreso than with Despres. It's easy to drool over some of Despres size or skills, but he also made some mistakes and was very sheltered.

Strait, on the other hand, played a very smart game, made very few mistakes, was extremely reliable defensively, and where he really surprised are in the two areas you noted: his footspeed and ability to keep up with opposing players, and his ability to handle them physically. This is why people who think this guy should be waived/traded for a bag of pucks or late round pick are nuts. This guy is a real, legitimate NHL player, and he's got value.

jmelm is offline   Reply With Quote