View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 12:33 AM
GodHatesBuffalo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
Years ago I would have been against it but the league has changed so much in regards to development and scouting. Grigorenko isn't a homesick 18 year old fresh off the boat kid with zero grasp of what goes on in North America. Rushing him wont bust him as a player. He's also not a tweener as far as skill is concerned the way someone like Josh Bailey was. He has elite vision and passing and should have for all intents and purposes gone top 3 in the draft. So if it's acceptable for players like Yakupov, RNH or any of the recent top picks to go pro 1st year why isn't it for Grigorenko.

You have to weigh the pros and cons to each scenario. He has nothing to learn as far as the regular season goes in the Q. You're essentially sending him back for the playoffs. Quebec is an above average team with him in the line-up but they aren't amazing. They could go deep into the tournament with him leading the way or they could get swept just as easily. So to narrow it down even more you're sending him back to go through the motions in the regular season and hopefully learn something in the Memorial Cup.

If he stays in the NHL he will be learning something every single regular season. He will score his first NHL goal, play on the 1st or 2nd PP unit, maybe even be the hero in OT and knowing Ruff will see some penalty kill time and shoot out action.

I'd be pretty pissed if they send him back. He wont be ruined if it's too early for him and this team isn't a contender. Give him a head start to potentially being a star.
This is spot on. I basically posted the same thing without having read this, and I like your wording of it better.

GodHatesBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote