View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 03:41 AM
Co Ho*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
I'll take the aging team that has their window to win a cup dwindling; to appease a franchise that has never won a cup; as being more desperate than a team looking to rebuild with youth, not giving a **** if they finish in a lottery spot.

Your post is contradicted by how the Leafs rebuilt. I would agree with it if BB had held onto those draft picks and had Seguin, Knight, and Hamilton in your prospect pool, but that is not the case. The Leafs have tried to avoid rebuilding via the draft, so your post goes against your team's philosophy - unless you believe the Phil Kessel trade was a mistake?

And yeah, the Canucks are aging so badly. Aside from the Sedins (aged 32), have you bothered looking at the ages of our core? Either you haven't (my guess), or you are terrible at math and fumbled with the numbers. Our window is looking pretty decent, with the majority of our core being in the mid-late 20s (Kesler, Edler, Garrison, Hansen, etc.) - early 30s (Bieksa, Hamhuis, Higgins, Sedins, etc.).

And throw in a at the end of your post to negate the trollness of it, better luck next year. Funny you mention the cup too, it's been longer for the Leafs winning the cup than the Canucks have existed as a franchise, are you trying to own yourself?