View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 07:33 AM
emackulate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
If you asked me to put odds on the two returning, I'd say 80-20 for Getzlaf, and 50-50 for Perry. Getzlaf just seems very rooted in Anaheim as far as his personal life goes, has been quoted as saying he wants to stay, and would probably take a slight hometown discount in order to do so as long as the Ducks treat him well in the negotiations.

Perry has given the "let's wait and see" answer when asked about his upcoming free agency. He strikes me as the type of guy who would love to remain in Anaheim, but would expect them to match any offer and that could prove troublesome because teams will open their wallets wide for him.

As a Ducks fan I'd obviously love to see both signed long term, but I wouldn't be devastated if they signed Getzlaf and dealt Perry for the right package or young player at some point this season. Perry is a great player but Bobby Ryan can quickly fill his shoes, and the Ducks have young players on the horizon who look like top six players ( Palmieri, Holland, Etem, Rakell maybe even DSP).
is that the only reason perry is about 50-50 chance to re-sign? because of his somewhat vague answers? although i am a fan, i don't really follow ducks aside from new regarding getzlaf and perry and even then, i just expect them to re-sign.

but as a leaf fan, if they do make it to free agency, no question, 7-7.5 each.

emackulate is offline   Reply With Quote