Thread: Value of: Marcus Foligno
View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 07:32 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Just curious, but what would Sabres fans want for Luke Adam? He seems to have regressed quite a bit, and could use a change of scenery.
I've always liked Dustin Jeffrey, personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Let's say the April 4th trade deadline rolls around, and the following situation has played out:
  • Buffalo is out of the playoff picture
  • Washington is in the hunt for the Southeast
  • Jay Beagle has played well in the 3C/shutdown center role
  • McNabb looks solid in significant NHL action

Would Buffalo be interested in a trade built around Brooks Laich and Tom Wilson for Andrej Sekera and Marcus Foligno? A pick would likely be added from Washington. Laich would solidify Buffalo's 2nd or 3rd line center position and has plenty of term remaining (and can switch to wing if/when Grigorenko and Girgensons pan out). Wilson (1st round pick 2012, having a PPG+ year in Plymouth), though not on par with Foligno nor as developed, provides Buffalo with a power forward prospect.
No, probably not. You're talking about two of Buffalo's more valuable assets. Sekera's a top-3 defenseman who can log tough minutes and seems to improve each year. He also has a nice contract. Foligno, as many have said in this thread, is the type of young, hard-working power forward the Sabres have been seeking for years. Wilson is a nice asset, and has more pugnacity than Foligno, but I think you'd really have to blow Buffalo's doors off to get Foligno, and I don't think Wilson would do that. I like Laich (ha!), but I get concerned when I always seem to read Caps fans' posts saying he's not really a center.

It's not a bad offer, but it's not good enough to get Regier to pull the trigger and give up those two players. If Washington is looking for defensive help at the deadline and Buffalo is out of the race, Regehr and Leopold are the two guys who'd likely be on the move.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote