Old
01-14-2013, 07:46 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
As a flyers fan, I think the yotes get robbed and if I could get that return for Read I'd be happy. Don't get me wrong, Read is a very nice player who is very versatile and on a good contract but he's about at his peak in ability. Rundblad is going to be a solid #3 dman (ie - runs the 2nd pairing very well) or a low end #2. It's unlikely he ever becomes a true #1. That said, he still holds more value than Read. I doubt that Read and a first even gets it done. Rundblad compares to Coburn when we first got him. Never became the #1 dman he was expected to become when he was drafted but he is a very solid #2/#3.
I hope Rundblad is another Coburn. Because then we can trade a decrepit veteran defenseman for him. Lilja/Foster for Rundblad?

I think people are placing too much emphasis on where in the lineup a player is slotted. Just because you aren't in the top pairing does not mean you're not a top pairing guy, nor does the fact that you are on that pairing make you a top pairing defenseman. You play where you best compliment your teammates.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote