View Single Post
01-14-2013, 09:03 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
A couple thoughts as I appreciate the input but don't really agree with your premise. For one, I think teams in transition are actually typically more likely to rush players than a team in contention, though that's not to say whether or not it is wise.
But that's what I would call making a team by "default". Buffalo is pretty thin down the middle, and bringing Grigorenko up just because of that may not be the best for his development, and thus may not be the best for the team longterm.

Toronto brought Schenn up right away, with the argument that he had "earned' a spot in the top 4. All he had to do was outplay the likes of Frogren, Finger, Van Ryn, and Stralman in training camp. Only one of those players is still in the NHL, and predominently plays in a bottom pairing role.

Huberdeau wasn't brought up last year, despite Florida having a pretty thing team up front. Same for Strome with NYI, ZBad with Ottawa, etc. I think the decision should be what's best for Grigorenko longterm, not what's best for the team this year. Because Grigorenkos longterm upside is very much tied to Buffalos.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote