View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 10:13 AM
sniugneP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I'm on ATL's bandwagon. I don't really dislike much about their team, and I've always been a gigantic fan of Tony Gonzalez. He stuck by a **** team for a really long time, and was fiercely loyal to them.

I marvel at guys like Wilson and Kaepernick...especially Kaepernick. The guy had talent, but he played in a system in college that is not conducive to producing NFL QB's. I love how the guy runs. Every stride he takes covers 5 yards, it seems. If you don't plan on keeping him in the pocket, he will kill you. He's also fixed some of his mechanical issues since leaving college. His release is a lot quicker. If he can continue to develop mentally and continue working on his mechanics, I think he has the tools to be a premier passer in this league. He can just kill you so many ways.

It seems more and more often, young QB's are able to come into the NFL and take an offense over.
Yeah, it's scary what those young QBs can do for next decade.

It used to be "spread QBs can't play in NFL" few years ago but now I'm seeing more of them in NFL. They use read option plays a lot for mobile QBs like Newton, RG3, Wilson, Kaepernick. One day, strictly pocket passers will be a thing of the past.

IMO, Russell Wilson should be the rookie of the year. He impressed me more than other rookie QBs this season. I thought he'll be a career backup in NFL.