Thread: Today I...
View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 09:20 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
FINALLY got my first goal of the season. Longest drought I've ever been in. Ten games. Ten LONG games. Scored on my ELEVENTH shot of the game and FIFTY FIRST shot of the season. Seriously.

Should have had more though.

First great shot my winger steps up and forces the defender to follow him then sets up a BEAUTY of a screen...I wait and carry and fire through his legs and I think it hit the goalie in the chest. Seriously, no way he saw it.

Second was a hard shot and the rebound came loose and to me in the high slot, I had the whole net to shoot at and tried to roof it...nailed the defender right in groin.

Third was a rush where I took the puck wide then came in on my backhand, sent a hard low shot that the goalie got his pad on, but he wasn't set right and the puck damn near bounced into the net, but hit the post.

Final shot was a puck that our defenseman kept in at the point by swatting it and it bounced to me in the high slot. Again I used my winger and their D as a screen, saw a big hole high glove, and roofed it. FINALLY.

Our team played very well overall, that tied it up halfway through the third, but they scored late in the period and we have no way to answer. 1-9-1 on the season.