Thread: Value of: This Year's Trade Dealine
View Single Post
01-14-2013, 10:22 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
With the shortened season, and a Trade Deadline so close to the End of the Regular season I think this could be one of the most active Trade Deadlines Ever.

I Foresee many teams being within 5 points of a Playoff Spot and That will lead to a Sellers market.

This may be a great Year to be CBJ. As of Right Now I can't think of Too many teams that realistically have zero shot at the Playoffs right now.

Right now I can see them in Sell mode and Potentially create a frenzy for their players.

Some players that Might be prime for the picking are Umberger and Brassard. They may be able to get great packages for those players.

Another candidate could be Calgary with Jbo and Iginla. In-fact if im a Calgary fan this year, i root for them not to make the playoffs because the interest in those two players could net them a great package.
I agree that it will be interesting to see as there should be a large majority of teams looking to make a playoff push. I don't see a lot on the Jackets that will generate a lot of interest though. At least not anything they would want to deal.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote