View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 09:23 AM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Great potential and an ultra sleeper fantasy pick. He was #574 in Yahoo's rankings haha (behind Tim Thomas...). We had both ESPN and Yahoo drafts last night and I snagged him for both leagues. I think he picks up ~20 points with a respectable +/- while holding down the fort for the most part. All in all, I feel good about him, but still agree with OurGoc. He's being thrust into a very difficult position and will draw comparisons against Suter the entire season, fair or not. The good news is that I think the potential for him to succeed in this position in Nashville is vastly higher than in VAN/TOR/MTL/etc. I think he will be able to adapt his game much better as the season goes on without the absurd amount of scrutiny that comes with a major market.
I see it unfolding differently... it would be one thing if we signed Carle or some other UFA to replace Suter... then people would be comparing him to Suter and criticizing him for not being Suter from the get-go... but as a 2nd year player I suspect he will get a lot of slack and is more likely to be excused for not being Suter than criticized for not being Suter

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote