View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 09:27 AM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Playing Kreider in the top-6 over Callahan is asinine. The lines will change throughout the year. I'm sure Pyatt, Boyle and Kreider will all get top-6 time at some point. Hagelin was a difference-maker every time he was on the ice last year.
Kreider won't be getting more ice-time than Callahan. More ES time? I see nothing wrong with that.

As we've seen down in HFD, for better or worse, Kreider is largely ineffective when not working with skilled line-mates. Putting him with Boyle and Pyatt would lead to a huge struggle all season long. Despite his body, he is NOT a grind-it-out type of player. He just isn't.

A line of Kreider-Boyle-Pyatt frightens me. They don't play defense well enough for a third line, and they can't score enough consistently to make up for that. If that is our third line for opening night, I will be scared whenever they step on the ice.

EDIT:

Did Kreider earn 2nd line minutes over Cally? Absolutely not. Cally is absolutely the better player at this stage of their careers. It's about roles to me. I also don't want Cally (especially with his playing style) to be playing much more than 20 minutes per game.

Matt4776 is offline   Reply With Quote