View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 10:00 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
MY thing is, what does it matter if (1) spot is being taken up in the AHL on the 4th line. The Rangers don't have that many promising prospects that they can't sign a vet to fill that role.
I understand that part of it and thinking. But I'd like to round the Whale out as much as possible. I'd like to see the team be as competitive as they can. I know it is not always feasible but I'd like to have guys like McIlrath, Bourque, Thomas, Hrivik, Skjei, Lindberg, Fast, Miller; etc, play on teams that at least have a winning mindset every night. I don't get that vibe from CT right now. I think their defense is very poor.

I guess my point is they should be focusing on their real weaknesses like defense. And I also think that they don't have really any promising prospects on that team. Bourque has battled injuries and never really took off. Thomas is slowly progressing. Hrivik might not be down there much longer. McIlrath can take care of himself. Who do we really need a fighter to protect right now?