View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 11:06 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzeigler View Post
From a pure offense standpoint, I like your forwards. Voracek is expected to be on the top line with Giroux and Hartnell this year, so you might not want him on the bench for long. I think Gaborik is LW/RW eligible. At this very early stage, I'd probably plan to start him at LW and shift the C-eligible Jamie Benn to C and sit Koivu until he shows he's better than your other six Fs. Since FWs don't count in standard rules, there's no disincentive to give a true C priority over a C-eligible winger.

The downside of all that offense is you're going to get very light PIMs from it. Neal, who I think averages less than 1 PIM/games, is your strongest PIM contributor among your F Gaborik, Eriksson, Koivu and Nugent-Hopkins are very anemic when it comes to PIMs. I expect good stuff from P.A. Parenteau this year on the top line in Colorado ... if you could swing an Eriksson-Parenteau trade you might not lose much offense while gaining a nice boost in PIMs (PAP had 89 PIMs last year to Eriksson's 12).

You won't get a ton of help with PIMs from your Dmen. Edler, Kulikov and Shattenkirk probably won't give you much, and Letang is about average with his PIM production.

Edler and Letang are locks for a good season. Faulk, although I like his upside, could suffer a little from Carolina's decision to bring back Joe Corvo, who has been OK on the PP. If the Canes view Corvo as a PP contibutor, that could hurt Faulk's value (keep in mind Pitkanen also is in the mix). Watch this situation during camp and the 1st week of the season. If Corvo is in the PP mix, maybe drop Faulk for a pure PIM-producing dman?

I don't know what type of playing time is forecast for Tarasenko, but since this isn't a keeper league, I would drop/trade him for a huge PIM-producing F (such as Ott) unless he is given prominent top-6 minutes right from the start of the season. With such a compressed schedule, if it takes three weeks for a player to be worked into the lineup, you're losing 10 or 11 of 48 games of usefulness. In one-year leagues, I would steer clear of almost all rookies this season.
Fantastic feedback, thanks a lot

7even is online now   Reply With Quote