View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 11:22 AM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcunac View Post
I find this deal interesting from a Vancouver POV. Not sure if Toronto would be up for it, but Read and Grossman are useful pieces for Van. Could any Philly fans give a bit more of a scouting report on Read? I know he is a good two way player and PKer, but is he more of a shooter or a passer? Did he play centre much, and how effectively? I imagine he isn't very physical due to his size?
His best assets are his speed, wrist shot and overall awareness. Because of that, he is a good PK like you said, and is solid defensively. He only filled in at times at C because of the depth we have, and I don't think his faceoff numbers are all that great, but that can be worked on. He's not Schenn out there, but he throws some hits around.

If we did trade him away I'd be sad, he was a fantastic under the radar signing that turned out to be a gem. He is a very versatile forward, so it would hurt bigtime if someone got hurt.

As for that deal, I'd pass. Gardiner isn't even healthy right now, and on a short season you need to win games, and you need to win them fast. The fact that it was a concussion a month ago makes it even scarier on a short season. Ballard/Tanev don't really interest me much personally, especially if they are supposed to replace Grossman, who last year made up our best pairing with Coburn. Flyers need to add right now, not subtract.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote