Quote:
Originally Posted by zombi View Post

Filppula
Nyquist
Jurco
Ouellet
2nd 2013

Subban
Red wings fan here, Wow do you overvalue Subban. Lets be honest, this package could get us any player in the league.

Filppula is a #1 top line forward right now! (66pts in 81 games)
Nyquist is easily our "top prospect" - pt per game AHL. (he is all potential right now)
Jurco is our next "youngest" "top prospect" i.e. maybe the next datsyuk (he is all potential right now)
Ouellet was on team canada as a defenseman, so he provides fair potential to make the NHL one day.

I like Subban, I think he is very good BUT...

This package implies you are ready to sign a contract for Subban at 4 years at 7Mil per year. Are you ready to do that??? If you are not, you do not get this package in return.

You also have to understand how detroit works to trade with detroit.
We do not trade prospects. We develop prospects. Our team only trades young players once they FAIL to make the team after a few years of trying. (that also means they have pretty much no trade value, and we give them away for a chance to make other NHL teams)

We have very often however traded draft choices for NHL talent (1st for Quincey as an example)

We are very happy to keep Jurco, Ouellet, and Nyquivst and see how they pan out.

I will bet you Smith does alot better than everyone here thinks. I would just stick with Smith as our new defender. We will not pay a "high price" for new players because honestly, the Red Wings no longer have organizational depth that affords them to make this kind of trade. It would kill the team. Its very possible our team is on the way down anyway, last time our "crappy prospects" churned out Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Maybe in 3-4 years you will all know the names of Jurco and Nyquivst, and maybe not, maybe detroit falls and has an opportunity to draft better. But in either case, we would never make this trade, even though Subban is a good player (time will prove if he turns out to be as good as you think, its too early IMO)

BinCookin is offline   Reply With Quote