View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 11:38 AM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Thank you for this reply. I've spent some time pilfering through old dead Avs threads and some of the content regarding the drastic changes in the way the Avs go about business on ice have certainly been enlightening, and definitely encouraging about ROR's prospects of success under Dave Tippett (in some crazy hypothetical world in which ROR is actually playing under Tippett).

So, here's the question; is there any conceivable manner in which Phoenix could potentially acquire O'Reilly without moving core roster players critical to our efforts this season? Is there a package that could potentially entice Colorado that consists mostly of futures? Something based around Brandon Gormley with a little extra added in? Maybe Rundblad with more than a little extra added in? I can't really see Colorado going for it. I mean, these are top notch prospects, but as Bender has pointed out, they are just that.
I'd say no, Yandle would be the piece COL would want. We are trying to compete now so a package of futures wouldn't exactly fit our needs. Both players being spoke of are core 'type' players... What makes Colorado and Phoenix a good fit, is that we both have enough 'core' depth at those positions to make a swap. As well as the swap filling holes that each team currently has.