View Single Post
01-14-2013, 11:49 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Well, the easy argument is that he only played 8 games last year. And he's going to have played a lot of hockey this year - 33 in Sarnia, 7 at the WJC, the rest with the Habs, plus possibly the playoffs. It's a lot to ask of any player, let alone a player who barely played any hockey last year. You worry about a player wearing himself down, hitting the wall, not being effective, losing confidence, etc.

Anyway I'm just providing an argument, I'm not sure which side of the fence I'm on myself. Let's wait and see how he does with the 5 games I think he's guaranteed to get.
Exactly what I was hoping in counter-arguements. Thank you for that.
Just wanna point out..
Ryan Nudgent-Hopkins = 106 points in 69 games = 1.53 ppg before entering the NHL
Alex Galchenyuk = 61 points in 33 games = 1.84 ppg this season in Sarnia

So Hopkins at 1.58 points per game was brought up to Edmonton, Therefore assuming he had nothing left to learn. So Galchenyuk who is above in the points per game category has to go back and learn(?) I personally think the Oilers do not regret their decision.

However, above all I do agree that the 5 games is a MUST. If he looks really out of place at that point, then i would consider sending him back to Sarnia.. But the fact of the matter is, the media personnel covering the Sting all mentioned that they would be shocked if Gally returned.

I just feel as though fans are in panic mode, and fear the consequences of bringing Gally back up due to our prior record of rushing. Their hasent been a prospect of Galchenyuk's caliber in a very long time however.

Last edited by HabsPassion: 01-14-2013 at 11:54 AM.