View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 11:56 AM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
These are my thoughts on the Prospect Game:

Adrian Carbonara can be a handful on the forecheck. He has a hard snap shot that he showed on a few occasions, he skates well and is a big boy. He played on Stromes line and was dangerous in the early parts of the game.

Adam Holwell blocked about 4 shots in this game, impressive to see him do this. Shows that he competes and sacrifices himself. Tough kid.

Korostelev didnt impress me at the prospects game at all. He takes line changes at the worst time, usually after he turns the puck over and does not want to work to get the puck back. Other times the puck is in the offensive zone and battles are along the boards, he floats and will change instead of supporting the puck. When the other team is on the counter attack he should be back-checking hard, he will ask for a change. 9 times out of 10 in one on one situations he moves to his right side. His skating stride is awkward and he doesnt have blazing speed.

Zach Wilkie. I love this kids mindset. When he gains more weight he will become that much more of a punishing hitter. Wilkie has good speed and when he puck rushes and nothing is there, he will dump and chase the puck all on his own, thats one of my favourite parts of his game. He has a bomb from the point and he can one time the puck which is important. Wilkie has lots of potential and is getting better and better. Consistency ud like to see a little more it.

I like how Liam Dunda skates for a big guy.

Mitch Marner is a very smart hockey player, is it me or does he appear to be in the middle of a growth spurt? He definately looks taller than he did a few months ago. If he has space he is smart enough to dissect the other team. One of his cross ice bullet passes was very impressive. On one play Brancatella played Marner's body and didnt look at the puck and basically just stop him in his tracks in a one on one situation. Thats a situation where size can hold him back a little bit.

Matt McConnach I like this prospect more and more as time goes by. Good size, can skate, good at puck retrieval skills. Has gotten better as the year has gone by.

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 01-14-2013 at 12:02 PM.