01-14-2013, 12:02 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPassion View Post
Exactly what I was hoping in counter-arguements. Thank you for that.
Just wanna point out..
Ryan Nudgent-Hopkins = 106 points in 69 games = 1.53 ppg before entering the NHL
Alex Galchenyuk = 61 points in 33 games = 1.84 ppg this season in Sarnia

So Hopkins at 1.58 points per game was brought up to Edmonton, Therefore assuming he had nothing left to learn. So Galchenyuk who is above in the points per game category has to go back and learn(?) I personally think the Oilers do not regret their decision.

However, above all I do agree that the 5 games is a MUST. If he looks really out of place at that point, then i would consider sending him back to Sarnia.. But the fact of the matter is, the media personnel covering the Sting all mentioned that they would be shocked if Gally returned.

I just feel as though fans are in panic mode, and fear the consequences of bringing Gally back up due to our prior record of rushing. Their hasent been a prospect of Galchenyuk's caliber in a very long time however.
It's not the points I'm worried about - it's about getting used to playing a lengthy, grinding schedule against the best competition in the world that I'm worried about.

I agree that Galchenyuk would seem to have little left to learn in the OHL, but if he does hit a wall and stop producing and get gassed halfway through the year, I'd rather it happen in Sarnia than in Montreal.