View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Thesensation19

vCash: 500
When you play for a big market, your gonna get overhyped signings. Your never gonna hear Florida overhype a player lol.

Anyway, to justify some of these names you mentioned.

1) Matt Gilroy- Underrated. He played very well with the Rangers. He did exactly what was expected of him but he wanted more $ so we opted out and Tampa Bay jumped in. He had a good first year with them but the team crashed in the second and traded him or got rid of him. Ottawa signed him and I remember clearly him playing quite well. No one should have believed he was gonna be the next Norris candidate here especially in his first 3 seasons but he played well and now i am happy he is back with the Rangers. He will be a strong depth player, and I like that he can play some wing too

Grachev- Really thought high of him, had some good moments but frankly he was a bonehead and ego got ahead of him. Got a good trade in return tho.

Girardi wasnt a highly overrated prospect. In fact, he wasnt even drafted. He went through our ECHL and AHL team to be the all star he is today. You can look at his stats and be like whatever, but I watch him every game and he is the true backbone of our defense. In fact I would say he is still underrated by many.

Staal, how was he overhyped. Still a top 2 d-man on an elite team..

Montoya- Never got the chance he deserved. Rangers wanted him as a future goalie, Lundqvist stepped up faster. Bad timing. He played well in PHO and In Long Island but teams are really ****** up his development. 3 goalie system? ugh but i think he does fine in his new team

MDZ had a crazy first year followed by a bad sophomore year. So is Jeff Skinner, Matt Duchene and every sophomore slump player overhyped? It happens. In his next two seasons MDZ improved and had a pretty dam good +/- and will be a valuable top 4 d-man for us as he has been.

bad signings and drafts will happen but pound for pound you gotta love where the Rangers sit.

They are currently one of the 6 youngest teams in the NHL, yet they have made the playoffs 2 years in a row with most of the roster returning. They are still a highly ranked team. And on top of that all we have a deep pool of potential with Thomas, Miller, Mcilrath, Bourque and others. Your gonna have bad signings but there consistent enough to find the right pieces.

Kreider will fit right in the top 18 skaters somewhere between 1st and 3rd line. 1st or 2nd PP and maybe even some PK cuz of his size and speed. Im happy

Thesensation19 is offline   Reply With Quote