View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 12:12 PM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JansenHockey View Post
Opilka is getting good reviews in the US. Some talk about Valardo but his small frame will hold him back. I have not seen Carlsson. There are a few others in the US getting some looks. One in Minnesota and off the OHL list. Helvig is very hot and cold. A giant that people are paying close attention to. Can't get a good read on him. Tampano also. Was rated AA by OHL CS but seems to let in some easy goals when his team needs him. Big big kid. Can't knock that. Semaio has been good. Very small but gets around the net and make key saves. Can play bog games. McGlynn has been very good for Oakville. Could be one of the most athletic tenders in the group. Incredible foot speed and positionally sound.

I can't come up a first goalie pick. Wide open right now. If we default to size Tampano or Helvig may get the pick. Anyone have a guess
Id say thats pretty much right about Helvig and Timpano. Brendan Johnston is another pretty big goalie, that I think is quite good. Id definately draft Semaio. Short but stocky build. Hard to teach his mentality. His techniques impress me. He kicks every low shot into the corners and out of danger.

The most impressive goalie ive seen this year is a Bantam goalie. Mike Latorella Detroit Honeybaked. I think he is farther along than Herbst was in minor midget than Latorella is in Bantam. He is so darn good. LAtorella would dominate minor midget right now.