View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 01:30 PM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman22 View Post
Without Day, who will not report to Peternorough until they get their ducks in order. Brian Kilreay a BIG fan of Day. Without Yan, who is born in Alaska, deemed ineligible will play US NTDP. Sources from OHL indicate that Nikita Korostelev will not be eligible. Those the only 3 in doubt IMO.
Tough decision for Kirwin, Werenski and Greenway to choose between OHL and US NTDP.

I think Stephens could (2 months to be consistent) be a top pick but I feel he is #3 centre available unless moved to the wing. His spot depends on the selection of other teams.

1. Ottawa F/ D.Strome or D /Matt Spencer - effect Kingston pick
2. Peterborough F/ Travis Konecney ( Petes big on him ) or do they go local ?
3. Erie D/ zach werenski if they decide D. If not they will take Stephens
3. Kingston F/ Strome if Ottawa doesnt. they may take Stephens
5. Saginaw D/ matt Spencer, just traded for 96 Bratina at Centre
6. Mississauga F/ Luke Kirwan BPA
7. North Bay F/ Brett McKenzie BPA
8. Sudbury F/ Lawson Crouse BPA
9. Soo F/ Blake Speers Local
10. Plymouth F/ Mitchell Stephens BPA
11. Guelph D/ Troy Henley
12. Niagara F/ Micheal Davies
13. Sarnia D/ Cole Mayo ---- if Yan is in he will go to Sarnia
14. Oshawa D/ Connor Schlicting
15. Belleville D/ Josh Defarias - Skating, just loaded up on fwds. 3 D graduating
16. Kitchener D/ Connor Walters
17. Owen Sound D/ Garret McFadden
18. Barrie D/ Tyler McArthur ( local)
19. London D Peski
Ya I agree. Not sure who will go there. If they can get any of the alleged top 10 picks they will go for it. Korostelev u didnt add to the top 19? Im basically 100% sure Stephens plays the wing in the OHL next year. One guy on my list that I think will probably rise and be higher come draft day is Connor Walters. He wins every puck battle when they play against Oakville with Mckenzie, Petawabano, Craivech forechecking like crazy. Walters is there to calm it down, win the battle and the puck starts up the ice for Southern Tier. When a big guy is front of the net trying to screen his goalie, Walters engages that player right away, lets him know he is there, pushes and battles him to move. Walters is very complete. 6-2 195 is nice too. I also see Davies on your list, I like him and Baird, quite a bit too. Defarius Im not sold on him. Schlichting is another guy I think could rise on my list. Schlichting will be in the NHL one day.