Thread: Proposal: Subban to DET
View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 12:39 PM
solo16

vCash: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I'm scratching my head at this type of commentary. The best thing about Subban is his ability to learn and develop his game, how quickly he adapts to what is thrown his way. Plus, his motor runs at that speed comfortably, in time age will catch up with him but that's true of everyone and his ability to adapt will allow him to mellow out naturally. But, his motor will always beat that little bit faster then his peers.
You watch him more than I do so, maybe your right. I never got the fact that Subban was a quick adapter. I actually got the opposite. What I see in Subban is a player that reacts so quickly and so confidently that the opposing team is terrified about what he is going to do.

He is not predicting what his opponent will do but rather forcing his opponent to attempt to react to him. Kinda like a high pressure penalty kill. That is what strikes me as being so impressive about him. That is what makes him a potential franchise player. As long as he stays unpredictable (Is he going to hit me, is he going to rush the puck, is he going to shoot, is he going to deke), healthy, and confident his skills should carry him. If he looses his health, unpredictability, or confidence he will just be an average top 4. It is extremely common for a young player to become predictable and that would be my biggest fear for him.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote