View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 12:49 PM
wingman22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Ya I agree. Not sure who will go there. If they can get any of the alleged top 10 picks they will go for it. Korostelev u didnt add to the top 19? Im basically 100% sure Stephens plays the wing in the OHL next year. One guy on my list that I think will probably rise and be higher come draft day is Connor Walters. He wins every puck battle when they play against Oakville with Mckenzie, Petawabano, Craivech forechecking like crazy. Walters is there to calm it down, win the battle and the puck starts up the ice for Southern Tier. When a big guy is front of the net trying to screen his goalie, Walters engages that player right away, lets him know he is there, pushes and battles him to move. Walters is very complete. 6-2 195 is nice too. I also see Davies on your list, I like him and Baird, quite a bit too. Defarius Im not sold on him. Schlichting is another guy I think could rise on my list. Schlichting will be in the NHL one day.
He was more of a threat on the wing with Strome, who can get him the puck. Watched last year at the Ontario Championship when he played the wing with Strome, again his speed was better utilized and he didnt have to put as much time in his own end. Problem with the Marlies this year appears to be the depth and Gagne needs to spread out the talent.