View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Well, if we're expecting a 2nd-yr 22yo to be RS, then we need our heads examined! RJ has a pretty high ceiling. Is he "ready" to be a 1st pair guy? Well, how often do you get the luxury of a guy actually proving he's ready? He's got potential; moves puck, sees ice, decent offensive instincts. Size is ok. He played well is some high-valued ice-time last year. He's played a lotta' hockey against men from a younger age - hopefully that puts him a little further along the development curve than guys playing juniors against other teens. Personally - I expect him to be fine. Might be a bumpy half-season but over the longer-term I think he'll be a nice complement to Webs.
Roster this year probably dictates he's gonna' have to play the even-strength minutes RS played last year which might mean RE gets to play 1st-team PP - in which case RJ will be short a good bit of offensive production that RS has had.

Suter Offensive production?????? Assists come much easier for a 1st line defensman as they should. Suter offensive numbers are not all that great hes 36th amoung all active defensemen in the league. With 38 goals and 200 assists with 7 years in the league thats 34 poins a year average. The wild have taken a big chance with there investment.

Everyone has just convinced themselves that Josi is the linemate for Weber. Weber nor Suter were first pair at his age. Sure he is going to get a good look but when push comes to shove I don't think Trotz will put that pressure on the kid. Maybe two years from now he will be there.

Byrddog is online now   Reply With Quote