View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 01:59 PM
spudnick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
btw, spudnick....who DO you want in goal? who can we get that would be better? and saying anybody is a copout.
Honestly I would have liked to keep Bob. I would love to have Luongo but just like Bryz the contract is horrible. I would love to trade for Bernier or maybe take Thomas on a 2 year deal. Like I said I dont hate Bryz as a person, not big on his interviews although the media eggs him on. Its his contract that bothers me. If he was on a 2 year contract at 2 to 3 million fine. I just cant imagine being hindered by a 5.6 million dollar contract for 7 more years after this one even if he has a good season. How many goalie play till 40? After next season he will have 40% of his contract paid out with 6 more years at 5.6 per. If he decides to retire at 36/37 and become an astronaught and live in the russian space station then we still have a cap hit of 5.6 no matter what. Thats why I think the Flyers will buy him out no matter how he plays if not this summer next summer because of the reasons I stated. Personally I would rather buy him out this summer and move on.