View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 02:08 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnick View Post
Honestly I would have liked to keep Bob. I would love to have Luongo but just like Bryz the contract is horrible. I would love to trade for Bernier or maybe take Thomas on a 2 year deal. Like I said I dont hate Bryz as a person, not big on his interviews although the media eggs him on. Its his contract that bothers me. If he was on a 2 year contract at 2 to 3 million fine. I just cant imagine being hindered by a 5.6 million dollar contract for 7 more years after this one even if he has a good season. How many goalie play till 40? After next season he will have 40% of his contract paid out with 6 more years at 5.6 per. If he decides to retire at 36/37 and become an astronaught and live in the russian space station then we still have a cap hit of 5.6 no matter what. Thats why I think the Flyers will buy him out no matter how he plays if not this summer next summer because of the reasons I stated. Personally I would rather buy him out this summer and move on.
first of all your opinion is very common. and to be honest, i was surprised by what we did with bob too. but i do not think of bryzgalov the same way. I feel he is an elite goalie that is in his prime and was given that contract because they do think he will be good until he is 40, similar to a thomas or roloson. I think he started off playin well and was derailed by the team around him, causing him to lose confidence which then became an issue that was on him to deal with. I also saw him battle back and play the way he should play but don't pretend that this team is a defensive team. we are not which will cause any goalie problems. I think lavi will get fired for failing to adjust and bryz will be a casualty of that. but i don't hope for it to happen.