Thread: Confirmed with Link: Isles claim Joe Finley (D)
View Single Post
Old
01-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Isles Enforcer

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471701

Former 1st round pick. 25 years old. A whopping 6'8, 249 lbs. Anyone got a scouting report on this guy?
I'm on my phone and haven't been able to read this thread so excuse any redundancies. What I know about Finley, besides his size is that he was still developing. His skating is ok and his balance needs some work. Obviously with that size he doesn't shy away from fightin the bigger guys in the league. Buffalo tries to sneak him through but they are stacked on defense so there really wasn't room for him there.

He needs to work on his game. He has potential to be a decent defensive guy. You're not going to see much offense with him. Any offense is a bonus but he can serve as that Eric Cairns "move guy A from in front of our goalie type." He plays honest, he just needs developing. He's fine as a bottom pairing D man and is not really a liability.

People from Buffalo I've talked to loved his game but said he still needed some work. Im sure it was already stated here but he did fight Matt Martin last season. Not that great of a showing from him since I've seen him play dozens of times and have seen him dominate fights ala Carkner. But we shall see. Hope this helps.

Isles Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote