View Single Post
01-14-2013, 03:46 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Exactly. I for one hope Lashoff can push Kindl for ice time. At least Lashoff is getting his first shot at NHL action. Can he possibly be better than Kindl, a first round draft pick? If he can PK that means he'd likely be more valuable than Kindl, who can only play very limited mins at ES.
Well don't get too crazy there Kindl was on the pk in Grand Rapids, he pk'd for the Czech team in the EHT's this year. He can do it, they don't let him and chances are they will treat Lashoff the same way. In almost no way is Lashoff a better option than Kindl, if he was more consistent with his physicality I would say there, but just like Kindl he doesn't use it all the time although he is certainly improving there.

I hope Lashoff makes it, but the problem is the expectations and comparisons are interesting from the pro Lashoff crowd. He is like Stuart in that he is a defensive d-man and pretty much there the comparisons should stop. Brad Stuart was a top 5 draft pick, he has considerably more talent in almost every area. His puck skills, physical game, positioning, and hockey IQ all are a daunting task for Lashoff even on a good/great development track to catch. I mean Lashoff could turn into a useful #6/7 on a good team. I think this idea he can become a top 4 d-man is a little interesting and if happens in Detroit it means we suck. I sure hope for him he does in Detroit and that I am wrong, but I just don't see it. Because for those trotting that out it will mean he beat out Kronwall (not going anywhere for a while), Ericsson, Sproul, Ouellet, Backman, Smith, Marchenko, Jensen, Quincey, and Kindl. Plus lets be honest how many of us want Edler or some d-man on July 1st this year? So to call him a top 4 d-man is a little off base and to say he could be Brad Stuart is saying he will be just that.